Re Wits End

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re Wits End
From: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 21:19:48 -0400
You should not have ruined the engine.  Check the cam where the
connecting rod was pressing against it.  I willing to bet there will be
no damage there.  You say you installed the pistons correctly.

Were the pistons take off of the rods?
If so were they reinstalled correctly?

If I remember correctly (I rebuilt my engine 6 years ago so its kind of
foggy), my manual is in the garage and its dark out (no electricity out
there), the rods have an offset that is not obivous (sp) from glancing
at them.  I will check the manual tomorrow afternoon.  It sounds like #3
is installed incorrectly.  After I check the Haynes manual tomorrow I'll
tell you how to correct the problem.  It shouldn't be too hard.  Engines
are always difficult to turn with new rings installed.

Always rotate the engine by hand before closing the pan and use plenty
of oil and assembly lubricant on bearings, and cam, plenty of oil on
cylinder walls.

For now relax and have a Guiness.

Berrie Watson (ADM) wrote

snip