The End of a Great Week

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The End of a Great Week
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@voy.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 23:58:18 -0400
Hello MGers,

I autocrossed the Midget today and it was a blast. The car is basically
stock except for 6" Chevy Vega GT wheels with Bridgestone 185x60x13 RE71
R series tires. Very grippy. I have a Datsun 5 speed tranny with the kit
built by Bill Perry. Makes for slick shifting. These two modifications
make the car drive and handle great.

The weather was upper 70s, clear and sunny. The drive home after the
event made my wife and I want to stay on the road, but with a son and
his fiance getting ready for his senior prom, we had to get home. Didn't
see any other British cars this week. What a shame. But then I only see
them when I go to a club meeting (Southern British Car Club,
Chattanooga, TN). I plan to propose an event to conclude on the weekend
at the end of BCW. Which week will it be? Will it always be the third
week of May? Safety Fast!

Tom Shirley
Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)
71 MG Midget