Re: TD engine stabilizer

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TD engine stabilizer
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 19 May 1997 14:04:59 -0500
In <337E314C.5792@hbp.com>, Steve Tritle wrote:
>What is the correct way to tighten the engine stabilizer on a TD?
>My engine moves and I need the collective wisdom to stabilize the
>engine.
>Do I "push" or Pull the engine to tighten it at the stabilizer. And how
>do I actually adjust the stabilizer?

According to the manual (natch) loosen the outer nut on the stabilizer
and turn the central turnbuckle until the engine is free to move
sideways in both directions.  Shake the engine real good and let it
settle.  Expand the stabilizer with the turnbuckle until it is firmly
bedded against the brackets at each end, but don't overdo it (move the
engine).  Tighten the outer nut.  The stabilizer is a stabilizer, but
is not meant to correct for other mounting problems (i.e., shouldn't
have tension on it when at rest).
                                A. B. Bonds