re:lube/tops midget

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re:lube/tops midget
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 06:00:00 -0500
MDS>Pennie Wrote:

MDS>PL>Hi all,
MDS>PL>I've been working on lubing the suspension on my 74 chrome bumpered Midg
MDS>PL> I've replaced all the bad grease fittings & can now pump grease into al
MDS>bu
MDS>PL>the top fitting on the swivel axel - both LH & RH sides.  It seems to be
MDS>PL>filled with old hard grease.  Any suggestions as to how to get the old o
MDS>&
MDS>PL>new in?

MDS>PL>Also with all the talk about hardtops - I think I want one.  Anyone have
MDS>PL>original factory works hard top for the Midget available.

 Use a propane torch to melt the old grease. Make sure you don't melt
the near by rubber parts. While it's still warm, refill with grease,
this will help flush out all the old stuff.
Have you ever seen one of these tops ? I personally think they look
like shit, but if it makes your car more practical for you, go for it.
It should be better for winter driving ( and keeping warm ). :)
 I have a question for ya, you know that switch on your dash, that's
right above your steering colomn ? What is it for ?

John
MDS>---
MDS> þ SLMR 2.1a þ                         john.kahoon@pcohio.com

MDS> _ _
MDS>|_|_| PC-OHIO PCBoard MetaWorlds * 216-381-3320 * telnet: bbs.pcohio.com
MDS>|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web in Cleveland OH at www.pcohio.com

MDS>--UAA27302.864087086/wariat.apk.net--
---

|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web in Cleveland OH at www.pcohio.com