Re: Grinding Noise!!

To: prsmith@navnet.net
Subject: Re: Grinding Noise!!
From: "G.J." <johnsong@is2.dal.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 08:59:06 -0300 (ADT)
On Tue, 20 May 1997 prsmith@navnet.net wrote:

> I have an 80 LE
>
> When i make any degree of left turn I get a low level grinding type noise
> which seems to come from the front end.  The noise does not appear when I
> turn the wheel to the right.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what this may be?

I get a high pitched noise occasionnally, Preston. I believe it is related
to my front calipers, but have had trouble correcting the problem.  I
would suspect your "low grinding " noise may be the brake pads.  But what
do I know!  ;>

   / ______/        |   |  Greg Johnson      * See the British Automobile
 /   \   ___        |   |  Biology Dept.            Touring Assoc. of NS
 \     \_\  \  /\ __|   |  Dal. University                     Home Page!*
   \______   / \________|  Halifax, N.S., Canada
          \/
                 www.chebucto.ns.ca/Recreation/BATANS/