Re: seam seals

To: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Subject: Re: seam seals
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 09:30:34 +1000
At 07:13 pm 20-05-97 EDT, MICHAEL J ROBSON wrote:
>My GT is going for some minor paintwork next week to stop a bit of
>troublesome rust here and there, I just ordered a bunch of bits ad pieces
>(window seals and the like) to replace during this work.
>I checked all the catalogues and none of them seem to carry the seals
>between the front wings and the panel behind the bonnet.
>Anyone know where to get these or are they a proprietry item you can get
>in lengths and form to fit?
>
>mike robson
>69 roadster
>70 BGT
>72 roadster

The part numbers are:

AHH 6103 Moulding front wing RH
AHH 6104 Moulding front wing LH
AHH 6107 Moulding rear wing RH
AHH 6108 Moulding front wing LH

The same parts fit both roadsters and GTs but you have to bend and cut them
differently for the different vehicles.  The pieces are made of steel and
simply fit between the mudguards and the body.  They are a pain to fit and
I suggest you spot weld them to one of the surfaces before assembly.  Fit
is important as the T shaped top edge has to fit flush over the join.

Best of luck,

Graham

Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au