Re: cam bearings

To: Howard Young <hyoung@dhhmail.dhh.state.la.us>
Subject: Re: cam bearings
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 12:49:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Howard Young!!

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Howard Young wrote:

> the front garage's door cable has been unwound for several yrs. now .
> any one have experience winding the cable back on the" death" spring

Not personally, but I do work with a home handyman type of guy who hates
to pay a tradesman his due wages for "such a simple thing".  He's lost
three fingertips from the "death spring" when it unwound unexpectedly.

> above the door? i hate to waste car part money on outside labor....

The trick is to recognise when to back off, and spend your time more
constructively.

> remember, i thought roofing was a do it yourself project?

It is, as long as you pay a "guru" to guide you through the job.
There's a tremendous amount of "grunt" work involved that's normally
done by the less experienced members of the roofing team.  You do that,
and the "guru" does the thinking...

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen    (who stayed out of the way when his tar & gravel
                       roof was done)