Re: Locking up the engine

To: atravis@spacey.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Locking up the engine
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 22:01:39 +0800
Aron:

When I removed the crank pulley from my MGB, I just put a short piece of pipe
over the handle of my breaker bar, so the end rested on the garage floor. Then
I jumped into the car and cranked the engine over on the starter for half a
second (coil wire removed, so the engine wouldn't fire up). It popped right
off. Getting it torqued up when I put it back on was the real problem. An air
driven impact wrench is probably the way to go.

Regards,
Jerry Causey
'67 MGB GT