Red is Red, Right?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Red is Red, Right?
From: Ricko595@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 05:11:23 -0400 (EDT)
I have a 1978 MGB. It is red. Which color red is it? Moss states in their
catalogue that the only red(s) used that year were Vermillion (red orange)
and Carmine (maroon red) My car has the original paint and is BLOOD RED. It
is so BLOODY RED that if I were to slit my wrists I could wax the car with my
own BLOOD and no one would notice. The MGOC states that Damask Red (Maroon)
was also used that year. I ordered a can of CARMINE touch up paint from Moss
and had to wait 4 months to get it. It came in December when it was TOO
BLOODY COLD to use the darned stuff and when it finally got warm enough, I
tried it and it was TOO BLOODY DARK@!!! I have seen several pictures of MGB's
painted the same BLOODY COLOR as mine and the caption always reads "19** MGB
in Damask red" OR "19## MGB in Carmine red, I'm ready to lose my BLOODY
MIND!!! So before I go slit my wrist to give my car a much needed wax job,
can someone tell me the difference between Damask red and Carmine red and the
years that each was used. I'm starting to feel BLOODY WEAK. Thanks - RICK and
his BLOODY RED 1978 MGB "Maybelline"
BTW I got a good match by mixing the BLOODY TOO DARK paint I got from BLOODY
Moss with something called HONDA RED I got from the local auto parts store-
go figure.