Re: Delco alternator

To: Larry A Hoy <larryhoy@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Delco alternator
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@voy.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 01:16:17 -0400
Larry A Hoy wrote:

> Vince J. Pujalte, Matt Milkevitch, Thomas Pokrefke, Sam Staton, Tom
> Shirley, Dan Masters;
>
> Success.  It works.  I'm not sure why.
>
> Last night the auto parts store exchanged the first alternator.  Their
> tests indicated that there may have been an intermittent problem.  It
> took a while on the test equipment for it to show up.  The best part is
> this; if I had needed a Lucas alternator I would have had to wait, but
> because it was a Delco alternator the guy pulled one of the shelf and
> gave it to me.
>
> I installed the second one today, it didn't seem to make a difference,
> the red light stayed on.  I decided to mess with the brackets I built and
> make some minor adjustments.  The plan was to drive it to the parts store
> and have them test it while it was on the car.  After driving a couple of
> blocks the light went off, and it has stayed off.  No explanation.  I
> ended up not having it tested.
>
> Anyway, I want to thank all of you for your help and support.
>
> Now off to the next project; a fuel pump to supplement the SU pump (don't
> run for cover!).
>
> That's all folks!
>
> Cheers,
> Larry Hoy
> 1969 MGB Roadster
> 1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
> 1976 MGB Parting out

Hi Larry,

Glad you met with success. I should have replied to you about mine
staying on for a few seconds. Took a couple of aggressive blips of the
loud pedal to get it to go off. I guess the wires were used to the slow
push of the Lucas and the GM caused the wires to back up electrons. =;-)

Tom Shirley
Sale Creek TN