Re: Midget Owners- gas mileage?

To: cfiddes@direct.ca
Subject: Re: Midget Owners- gas mileage?
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 07:50:26 -0400
cfiddes@direct.ca wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> Just doing a little comparison shopping here.
> My '76 is getting about 21 mpg.  How am I doing? Does anyone else
> have a handle on his (or her) mileage?
>
> I look forward to hearing from y'all!
>
> Chris

  I don't know about my present Midget, since it doesn't work, but the
last one I had, a '78, I rebuilt the engine (did some mods to it via
enlargened cylinders, ground crank, that sort of thing..other than that,
I used standard parts) and got 28-32 MPG on the highway going 80MPH... I
don't remember what the around town was, but probably around 24-25.
Hope that helps!

adrian

--
J. Adrian Barnes