it's me again...drivetrain removal

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: it's me again...drivetrain removal
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 08:12:07 -0400
I am taking out the transmission and rear end at once to be fitted on
another car ('75 Midget).   Is it best (and easiest) to:
1)  Disconnect the driveshaft at both ends
2)  Disconnect the driveshaft at the transmission and pull it out
backwards with the rear end
3)  Disconnect the driveshaft at the rear end and pull forward with the
transmission
4)  Get a torch and cut the tunnel out from the bottom and just lift the
car off the drivetrain?  :-)  (i am feeling quite burly after I
discoverd that without a drivetrain/engine/rearend/blah blah that I can
pick up the back of the other car and kick the jack stands out from
under it)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!  I'll probably find some new and
unusual specimen of spider under there too, if anybody wants it.

adrian
--
J. Adrian Barnes

"Anything tastes like chicken