Carbon Cannisters

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carbon Cannisters
From: Ricko595@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 09:01:04 -0400 (EDT)
Any one on the list ever open up their carbon cannisters and replace the
charcoal? I have a '78 B and the cannisters are hermetically sealed. At $50
each it seems a waste to just throw the old ones away and buy new. I have
thought of drilling a hole in the side large enough to thread for a 1/2' pipe
plug. I read somewhere that someone had sawn one in half and then glued it
back together, but I am kind of leery of this as they look like they might be
made out of something that would not easily glue back together. Thanks - Rick