Transmission Woes - Help Needed

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Transmission Woes - Help Needed
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 18:54:23 -0400
Hello all,

Recently completed installation of a new used tranny in my B.
Immediately upon installation, everything was fine.  After about a
hundred or so miles, I started noting some difficulty/grinding when
shifting into 2/3 - either up or downshifting.

I had the gearbox visually inspected by a local LBC mechanic whom I
trust based on experience and reputation.  He said that from his
inspection that the gears had minimal wear, and that the synchro rings
appeared to be in good condition.

I just checked the oil level in the tranny, and it is down - slightly
below the minimum mark.  Could this be causing my problems?  Obviously I
must have a leak, a transmission can't be using oil that fast.  I can't
seem to find any signs of leaks, however.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Chris Delling