The TD runs, sort of!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The TD runs, sort of!
From: George Procyshyn <geopro@cyberdrive.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 02:51:21 -0400
I took my '51 TD off it's stands and dusted her off in anticipation of the
upcoming driving season.
She started right up!. Amazing. However I had gasoline coming out of both
overflows and a gasoline fountain from the vent in the top of the forward
SU float bowl. I took the bowl tops off, made sure nothing was stuck,
cleaned the fuel filters, put it all back together and the gasoline
squirting was history. Arr Arr Arr Arr!

I adjusted the idle slightly and the engine ticks over perfectly. Ah, a
short in one of the headlights, and I only have one brake lite, but the
spirits of Lucas do rip out grounds over the winter, I can fix those
tomorrow.  I warmed it up good, made sure I had brakes & clutch, smelled
the leather and went for a ride. So far so good right?! ...Well, what ran
well last fall now runs terribly! The engine lugs, misses, pops, backfires,
and surges, the clutch seems to grab, the rear end feels like it's coming
apart, and it steers like two of the tires are half flat. (their not).  I
stop the car, the engine runs great. . .I have SOOOO much sorting to do.

And you thought YOU had a bad day!
Regards
George Procyshyn