plugs, sway bars...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: plugs, sway bars...
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 15:51:45 -0400 (EDT)
A big thank you to all of the folks who responded to me about which plugs to
use.   A few suggested Champion, one suggested NGK.  My Father suggested
Bosch Platinums, since he had a few .55 cents off coupons lying around for
them.  I have also decided not to mount a rear anti-sway bar, as was the
unanimous advice from everybody.
The plugs went in, and the car fired up in a smoky cloud.  No backfires or
misses, but she does idle a bit rough.  That should disappear with my old
SU's...
The real reason for this message is the surprise that i was in for at Auto
Zone.
No, I am not an employee, but I had a conversation with the manager about
some of the parts he has for MGB's.  Most things are in stock or can be
ordered in a day.  The best thing is, most of these parts are cheaper than
mail-order!  Brake master cylinder for my '74 is about $170 from VB.  Auto
Zone has them (rebuilt) for $40!  With a lifetime waranty, I don't care if
it's rebuilt.  I'm really surprised, I guess it goes to show that there are
parts to be had locally at a fraction of the price...
~Mike "Still learning"