Re: Crack-prone heads?

To: MLishego@aol.com
Subject: Re: Crack-prone heads?
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 01:01:00 -0700 (PDT)
Hi ~Mike!!

On Tue, 27 May 1997 MLishego@aol.com wrote:

> Question for the list:  What type of spark plugs are good for the 1800 series
> MGB?  The manuals all say Champion, but a few folks have also recommended
> NGK.  Should I stick with the manual, or go with something else?

They didn't have platinum plugs when these cars were made, so they
aren't listed in the manuals.

I use Bosch Platinum plugs in the '73 "B", and the '71 "GT".  I gapped
the '73 at 0.060", and they misfired, so I closed the gap to 0.055" and
they're just fine.  The '71 wants the gap at 0.050" to be happy; more
carbon in the combustion chambers, or just a heavier car, who knows.

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen  (who didn't believe Lucas could fire a 0.055" gap)