Re: Fuel Streaming from SU Overflow Tubes

To: Ken Katsirebas <kkat@mdc.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Streaming from SU Overflow Tubes
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 08:48:08 -0700
Ken Katsirebas wrote:

> Fuel started leaking out of my overflow tubes.  I did not change anything
>such as the fuel pump or mess with the carbs.  Any ideas on how
to repair?

> Ken 65B

Ken,

This symptom is usually caused by one, or both float needles not seating
correctly, allowing fuel to continue flowing into the float bowl.  Short
term fix is to rap smartly on the float bowl cover with something like a
screwdriver handle.  Long term fix is to replace the float needles,
perhaps going to the Grose Jet.

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/