MGC starters....alternators

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGC starters....alternators
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 10:35:53 -0400 (EDT)
Bob and group.....

I am under the understanding that the nose of the starter for the C is really
the only difference from the B...(my source..a reputable mechanic in Peoria,
IL).

My C developed a charging problem last weekend. I checked the belt for
tightness...checked the ground, battery connections, etc. I swapped
alternators with a spare I had (no guarantees that it is functional) with no
improvement....that little red light still glows...brightness varies with
RPM...I can even see pulses from the fuel pump (?).....might this be a
voltage regulator problem? If so, is the VR internal to the alternator, under
the dash, under the bonnet? Could the battery be the source (I have not
checked the specific gravity...it is 5 years old.)

Thanks in advance for your input.

cheers

rick ingram
NAMGBR #0-134