Midget Electric Tach.

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget Electric Tach.
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 1997 10:44:49 -0500
I have been suspecting that my tach is reading low, well today I
confirmed that it is reading 50% Low.  Sure glad I didn't wind it to 6K.
The wiring diagram in Haynes shows that the tach is connected to the
Battery side of the coil, how can this be?  When I put a volt meter on
the battery side I see no change in voltage, it must be measuring coil
current on the + side instead of voltage on the Dist. side.  Can anyone
confirm this or otherwise suggest a good way to test the tach?

Mark (Again)
70 Midget