Re: Oil Cooler

To: "Bob Gaughan" <gaughan@highway1.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Oil Cooler
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 97 11:46:42 -0400
One of these days Bob Gaughan will get a spam of notice

>The PO of my '61 MGA 1600 Roadster, installed an electric fan in front
>of the radiator. From what I read an oil cooler is desireable.  Does it
>make sense to remove the electric fan and put an oil cooler in its
>place?
>
>Also, is it necessary to get the oil cooler from Moss or will a generic
>one do the trick.  I see them around for about $35.
>
>Any issues, concerns, tricks, etc. I should be aware of?
>
>Thanks, Bob Gaughan
I understand the theory behind an oil cooler but in a manual tranny, what
pumps the oil to the cooler? in an auto there is a pump, older trannies
front and back - newer trannies, just front (can't push start). Or am I
totally off base?

Larry Macy
78 Midget