Re: Rod bearings- a maint

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rod bearings- a maint
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 1997 15:45:00 -0500
Larry Macy wrote:

LM>One of these days John Kahoon will get a spam notice

Why ? What did I do ?

LM>> This kind of thing is new to me also, but the 1971 1275 I got had been
LM>>sitting for 16 yrs, and one of the pistons had seized up. I removed the
LM>>piston with a grenade,

LM>A GRENADE???? where did you get it? I want one for the kids Stereo?  :-)
LM>(OF notice)
LM>Did it do any damage to the block?

 I actually drilled a hole in the center, and chiseled my way out to
the cylinder wall, useing a hardend steel rod, sharpened  on two sides
kinda like this...    .
                    . | .
                  .   |   .
                .     |     .    Excuse the crude ascii art.
                  .   |   .
 Keeping the round side of the chisel against the cyl. wall prevents
damage to the wall.

 I would guess that the chisel would work well on the stereo too  :)

John Kahoon
71 midget
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ john.kahoon@pcohio.com

 _ _
|_|_| PC-OHIO PCBoard MetaWorlds * 216-381-3320 * telnet: bbs.pcohio.com
|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web in Cleveland OH at www.pcohio.com