Revision of my Car Ownership list / Great weekend

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Revision of my Car Ownership list / Great weekend
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 19:58:17 -0500 (CDT)
As of tomorrow my holdings will be:

58 Austin Wagon (future project)

72 MGB roadster (running work in progress) arriving tomorrow A.M. and
is for the newly licensed "MGB Driver" in the household. Adam (my son)
passed his driving road test yesterday.

74 Jensen Healey which has just been acquired and moved to the top of
the projects list. Optomisticly hope for road duty to begin in Aug and
would love to show at "MGs on the Rocks", Maryland, in Sept.

75 MGB roadster which is currently my only registered LBC, respectable
looker but not a real show piece. Great ride!.

76 MGB roadster, future project bumped to low priority with arrival of
72 B

and
79 MGB Roadster which is a work in progress

Weekend:
Saturday I spent the day at Sports Car Services in Vermont. Mission was
to pick up John Morris's 79 MGB which just had an O/D installed. Had
some electrical short snag when a + lead for electronis ignition was
grounded to distributor housing. Took a while to find. I did meet up
with Ray Gibbons and can honestly say he was not at all like what I
pictured. Enjoyed our brief meeting and traded war stories and my 2 rib
case transmissions for some of his cash. Great ride up and back.

Sunday (today) was "The British are Coming!!" show, here on Long
Island, and the national weather service should concider a new line of
work. The weather was perfect but predictions of "rain all day" held
down attendance. On the show field were between 60 and 70 cars with
another 20 - 30 in and out of spectator's parking all day . Mark
Moberg's Jag took a 2nd in it's class.   Richard Boris showed the 66 B.
Peter Schauss's Healey 3000 was in parking lot a while (was nice
meeting him). Spotted Steve Krane exiting but missed seeing any more
than his orange paint and rear bumper. About a dozen cars in Funkhana
(We got a third, I navigated in Andy Zuch's BGT, he drove). Eileen
(wife) had a nice time, as the grounds of the Arboritum were
magnificent. There were about 10 Valve Cover Race entries. Was just a
perfect day

Next week off to Vintage Races at Lime Rock (CT) on Sunday and then
Brits of the Hudson's  D.A.R.E. car show in New Windsor, New York on
Saturday.

Finally: my brother showed his newly restored Thunderbird at a Concour
show today and took a first in his 9 car class (55-57 Thunderbirds).
Said it was very boring, competative and found the people down right
rude, crude and generally unfriendly. I told him it maybe time to
concider British Car ownership.
Safety Fast, David Deutsch