RE: Help Wanted, Inquire Within

To: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>, Mowog1@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Help Wanted, Inquire Within
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 97 16:57:14 UT
Thanks for the responses regarding my ailing 69 Beater, but I'm still nowhere.
 Let me add to my original note (below) that I am also getting backfiring from
the Carbs and none in the exhaust - I neglected to mention this but am sure it
is important to a correct diagnosis.  Further, I'm using a fair amount of
starter fluid to get it going and when I get backfiring in the carbs a lot of
black stuff is created - my thought on the black stuff is that it is just
carbon picked up by the starting fluid and spit out during the backfire.

Also, my understanding of the 25D dizzy is that the dog leg is off-set so that
it is impossible to install 180 deg. backwards.

Thanks for your patience and thoughts,

Still scratching my hick head in PA

Dr. Doug
69 C Rdst (running on all six!)
69 C GT (still like a CA car)
69 B Rdst (help I've fallen and can't get up ... still!!!)
71 B GT (Well, I won't be needing that MIG welder after all!!!!)