Re: WANTED: cheap, worn 1275

To: mliggett@bluemarble.net
Subject: Re: WANTED: cheap, worn 1275
From: elkhart@juno.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 22:54:25 -0400
I have 1275 short block out of a '72 Midget with new pistons, the
cylinder walls honed and new rod bearings put in by University Motors. It
had low
warm idle oil pressure made only a few wierd noises on start up. The
thing
really didn't have much power. The crank will probably need turned and
the
cylinder walls bored. I've got no idea what the cam looks like (probably
needs
replacing). I've been too upset to even put thing on the stand. It is
still in the kitty litter.
cheap,
Just plain  Phil
Grand Rapids, MI.
>Does anyone in the midwest (I'm in Southern Indiana) have a worn-out
>inline 1275 (i.e. Spridget) engine they'd like to sell cheap?  I did
>the head on my Midget, but the block will need it too come winter, and
>I'd like to get started on something on an engine stand rather than
>wait 'til winter.  I can't afford too much right now, so the cheaper,
>the better!

>Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com> | Bloomington, IN, USA
 '70 MG  Midget