Cleaning up horrible paint

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cleaning up horrible paint
From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@bluemarble.net>
Date: 02 Jun 1997 23:15:56 -0500
My Midget was given a horrible paint job by the PO to help it sell.
It's got bad orange peel and runs.  What can I do to clean it up?  I
thought perhaps 1200 wet-dry (w/ water), followed by polishing
compound then wax?  It's been awhile since it was painted, and I have
never done anything to it (no wax, etc).  Is the polishing compound
unnecessary after sanding?  Is sanding to harsh for the topcoat?
Should I just clean and wax it?

I'm looking for an interim solution and a minor improvement.

Thanks in advance.

--
Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com> | Bloomington, IN, USA | '60 Mini
<URL:http://pobox.com/~mliggett/> |    '89 SAAB 900t SPG | '70 MG Midget