Future DPO

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Future DPO
From: Bill Schleusner <b-schleusner@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 14:12:13 -0500
Fellow lovers of LBCs,

I see a future DPO in the making.

I am the proud new owner of a 1980 MGB (as was I, long ago)

So here's my problem.  I am not a mechanic - must I be one to truly enjoy
this wonderful car.  (it would help)

Well I live in the NYC Metropolitan area - major traffic problems until
I can hit the northern highways. (major understatement)

I've developed a problem with the car trouble starting it and stalling at
traffic lights and then being very difficult to restart - the other day I had
to have the car towed home. (the first of many, me thinks)

I also seem to be leaking oil or other liquids - saw them on the floor of the
garage and driveway. (very unusual for a British Car)

Yesterday my fiancee and I spent the day washing and waxing the car - it sure
is beautiful.  But now I'm afraid to drive it anywhere.  (future low mileage
car)

Are these vehicles very difficult to work on?  (only if you don't know what
you're doing)

I refuse to let this car go and am willing to go to auto mechanic night school
if necessary. (score one point for the girl with the MGB)

My fiancee gave me this car as pre wedding gift - he is a real car nut - not a
mechanic - just loves older cars. (you just lost the one point earned)

I could have it towed to CT. (obviously money is no object)

We should start a pool, winner guesses how long she owns the car. (I say it
will be gone shortly before fall sets in).

Good Luck PJ in NJ, I think you're going to need it.