Re: Hood Adjustment

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: Hood Adjustment
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 15:32:08 -0700 (PDT)
On my Sprite I removed the grill to get a close look at the locking
mechanism and determined that the locking pin was bent.  It would engage,
but since it was crooked, it was able to come out of the lock.
Staightening the pin solved the problem.  A good check is to close the
hood and then alternately press down and pull up on the front two corners
of the hood. (push on right while pulling up on left).  If it doesn't pop
open, you should be allright.

Ulix

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997 miker15@juno.com wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Jun 1997 08:07:52 -0400 "W. Warren Pruitt, Jr."
> <wpruitt@charleston.net> writes:
> >I am having a problem with my hood popping open at highway speed.
> >Everything seems to line-up properly. How do you adjust the latch
> >(safely)?
> >I am worried that I am going to have a head imprint in it soon.
> >
> >Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> >
> >Warren Pruitt
> >Charleston, SC
> >'70 MGB
> >
> Warren,
> The latch mechanism has a groove in the central locking pin - turn with a
> screwdriver about half a turn to extend the length - usually works.Also
> check that the mechanisms are all engaging - sometimes the bonnet pull
> stays open, espoecially if you have under dash guards
>
> mike robson
> 69 roadster
> 70 BGT
> 72 roadster