RE: Plugs

To: "Rick Feibusch" <rfeibusch@loop.com>,
Subject: RE: Plugs
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 97 19:48:12 UT

-----Original Message-----
From:   owner-mgs@autox.team.net  On Behalf Of Rick Feibusch
Sent:   Wednesday, June 04, 1997 11:49 AM
To:     mgs@autox.team.net

<SNIP>

foul on over rich and leaky valve seal Britiron. My present mechanic, Peter
Petrov at Marina Motors in Venice, says that plugs is plugs and it's better
to replace a set of "on sale at Pep Boys" Champions every six to eight
months rather than waste money on a performance increase that can only be
measured with a computer on a new Ferrari.

<SNIP>

I could not agree more!!!!!  I don't really see the benefit of Platinum plugs
that cost 3-4X more but appear to last as long as Champions.  I remember how
disappointed I was when my C started running like crap 6 months after a plug
change using Bosch platinums - changed the plugs (Champions) and the car ran
great again!!!!!  I'll get NGKs when they are on sale - but no more expensive
plugs!!!!!!

He said to use the money you
save to take your wife out for dinner.

<SNIP>

Nah!  Forget dinner, I'm gonna get me that new wowie zowie better than sliced
bread magnet for my gas line with the $$$ I save - I hear it increases MPG,
protects my engine and dispenses fortune cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!