MGB Rostyle Wheel

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Rostyle Wheel
From: dbavery1@juno.com (D D B)
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 23:20:19 EDT
Hello list - Yes you can probably tell from the heading what I'm in need
of.  You also might be able to tell what happened to the wheel as I also
will be buying 4 new lug nuts.

BAD maintenance driver!!

Everyone is right when they say after putting  wheels  back on a car you
should recheck the lug nuts after driving awhile to ensure the lug nuts
are still  tight!!!!   Probably less than 200 miles before disaster and
it came fast without much warning ( noise) before the joy ride began.

I at least had the sense (not much sense but a little) to slow down  when
I heard the funny rear end noise so when the wheel passed me I was still
slowing but going less than 25mph and no one else on the road.  Lucky
that no major vehicle damage occurred other than the rim.

Lug nuts shouldn't be a problem - what I was wondering is - Does anyone
in Michigan have a used wheel for sale?  Figured there should be some
around locally that I could pick up without having to trouble someone to
ship me one but if not any offers will be appreciated..

At least I have a spare so I can still make our local MG meeting tomorrow
night - maybe I could get one out of a trunk there - just kidding of
course.

Call me foolish in Lansing.

Denny