Passed Californias SMOG!

To: britcarmag@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, JHM@PLAZA.DS.ADP.COM
Subject: Passed Californias SMOG!
From: David_Moore@kaoinfo.com (David Moore)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 12:07:26 -0400
     My 71BGT that I brought with me from Oregon has a smog certificate.

     What I had.

     1971BGT with 195k miles on it.
     Total desmogged missing all of smog pump, brackets, air rail, check
     and gulp valves.

     Leaky throttle shafts

     Bad vacuum advance can

     Broken ignition switch

     What I did.

     Purchased a used smog pump, brackets, and valves from Faspec in
     Portland Ore.

     Purchased rebuilt carbs from Moss Motors

     Purchased used used ignition switch from BBS member

     Delivered above to O'Conners Classics in Santa Clara CA.

     What O'Conners did.

     Replaced the carbs with the ones I provided

     Sold me a check valve (used no good)

     Sold me a new distributor

     Installed all smog equipment

     Tuned car, took it for smog test.

     What did it cost?

     $1600 complete picked up car with smog certicicate today,  two days in
     shop.

     Thankyou all concerned;

     Mike O'Conner  (O'Conner Classics)
     J.R.           (O'Conner Classics)
     Bob Bray       (Faspec)
     Mike Chaput    (Moss Motors)

     Margeret is running great, all is right with the world.

     DCM