Thanks- wheel bearing input

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Thanks- wheel bearing input
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 14:10:21 -0500
Thanks to everyone who has given me input on the possible wheel bearing
noise.  I will look it over this afternoon and hopefully find a simple
cause.

For those of you who suggested loose spokes- a good idea but, alas, I have
disk wheels.  I had the hubcaps off this weekend adjusting the brakes so I
am pretty sure that there isn't anything inside them.  I am hoping that I
have something stuck in the tire.

Tonight, I'll lift the rear and check the tire for debris.  I will see if
the bearing still makes noise and see if I can shake the wheel more than
expected.  The noise is not too bad so there is a definite temptation to
drive it the way it is.  I don't think that the SO would be too keen on a
rescue mission over something that I knew was bad to begin with.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA left home today :-(