MGA engine runs bad after warmed up

To: MGs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA engine runs bad after warmed up
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 19:43:58 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings,

I'm sure this is something that has happened to many of you, but it's a first
for me.  My car is tuned, carbs adjusted properly (I think) and syncronized.
 When I first start my car after letting it sit overnight, it starts right up
and runs beautifully.  Once the engine is fully warmed up, say 30 minutes of
driving, the car wants to stall at stop signs/lights and I have to keep the
rev's up, otherwise it will die.

The other day I stopped for gasoline and had a hard time getting it restarted
and this afternoon I stopped it and a few minutes later, tried to start it
but no such luck.  So I let it cool off for about 30 minutes and it
started....barely.

When I start out in the morning, without the choke, the engine idles at about
1100 RPM, after the engine warms up, it fumbles and dies.

I figured I'd check with the list before I start tearing into the wrong
thing.

Any help would be appreciated (big time).

Thanks,

Scott Helms
http://members.aol.com/trmgafun/mga.html
http://www.cris.com/~jamiep/BCW.htm   (BCW in caps)