tire blow up

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tire blow up
From: David Councill <dcouncil@inetco.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 17:44:55 -0600
For the first time in more than a year, I had to perform roadside repairs.
One of my rear tires, a very old Michelin XZX 165R14 blew up while I was
heading to work.
Fortunately, my spare was still good and within minutes I was on my way to
work, ontime but with dirty hands.

Unfortunately the 165R14 is now a hard tire to come by.
And I want to stay close to original if possible.

A local tire dealer has suggested a 175(70)14 as a pretty close match. He
wants to sell me a Cooper Sportsmaster at $57 each. Due to the aged
conditions of my tires, I will have to replace all of them, and at least
two of them for now.

Is this a good tire and price? Any other suggestions for my 71BGT? He had
the latest Michelin at $90, a bit pricey I thought.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net
dcouncil@inetco.net