Rocker Shaft Pillar Won't Budge

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rocker Shaft Pillar Won't Budge
From: "David M. Proffitt" <D.M.Proffitt@mds.qmw.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:59:05 GMT
Hello All

Needed to get the head off to replace a blown gasket on my 1970 BGT-
all went fine until it came to 'lifting' off the rocker assembly - the
pillar that serves No.1 cylinder stayed solidly attached!

There is some movement at the base of the left hand (from the front)
stud (the long one that goes up through the rocker cover) so it must
be the other one that's the problem.  At first I assumed that a PO had
somehow deformed the 'shoulders' on the stud when tightening it down -
tried several methods to remove the whole stud to no avail - tried
drilling away the top of the stud and putting a slight countersink in
the top of the pillar - still no luck

Any ideas what may have happened here?
Any suggested solutions?

David

David Proffitt - Systems Programmer
St Bartholomew's and the Royal London
School of Medicine and Dentistry QMW
University of London
Computer Services Department
Robin Brook Centre, West Smithfield, London EC1A 7BE
Tel. +44 0171 601 8920 Fax +44 0171 606 0603
Email: d.m.proffitt@mds.qmw.ac.uk
Web:   http://www.mds.qmw.ac.uk/