LE Wheels - New or Like New

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: LE Wheels - New or Like New
From: Clark Chilton <chill@memphisonline.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:19:47 -0500
The wheels on my 80 MGB LE are dull, need paint and have some deep
scrapes on the outer edge of two of them.  I have not checked to assure
that they are running true.  The DPO's have painted them several times
without great care.

My questions:
        • Can these wheels be economically re-worked to look new or is it about
the same cost to purchsae new ones from VB or Moss ?  If they can be
re-worked, do you know a source ?

        • Does anyone on the list have a "like new" or new set they want to
sell ?  "Like new" means I do not have to paint and polish before I put
them on.

        • Does anyone know of a better (read: cheaper, but good quality) source
than VB or Moss ?

        • If you have a set and are within a reasonable drive from Memphis, I
will pick them up.

Thanks,

Clark Chilton
80 MGB LE ( Cybil )