Re: Alternative carburators to the SU?

To: craigw@sonic.net
Subject: Re: Alternative carburators to the SU?
From: "bill and penny meyer" <pplusb@northlink.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 21:00:06 -0700
Date:          Mon, 16 Jun 1997 17:15:42 -0700
To:            "Rollins, Dan" <dan_rollins@technologist.com>
From:          Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net>
Cc:            mgs@autox.team.net

At 05:00 PM 6/16/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
 I have been considering getting a Weber
>downdraft.  Does anyone have any experience with these carbs?  Do
>they give any added power and reliability? (Not that the SUs aren't
>reliable . . .) :)
>

>Thanks and Safety Fast,
>Dan Rollins

Hi Dan. My experience has been (I have 3 sets of HIF4's and a Weber
downdraft) that my car has much more power using the HIF4's. I've used 2
different sets of the HIF4's. I used the Weber off and on for about 4
years. After time testing both kinds, I've kept the HIF4's on the car. It
just runs better and has more get-up-and-go.

Good luck,

Craig Wiper
craigw@sonic.net
http://www.sonic.net/~craigw

Agreed - have both weber and su setups and quite prefer the su's