Removing flywheel bolts -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Removing flywheel bolts -Reply
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 13:13:50 -0400

>>> John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu> 06/17/97 10:24pm >>>
I'm trying to get the flywheel off the back of my 18V engine and I
haven't
been able to move any of the bolts that hold it to the crank.  They're
so
short that I don't own a socket that can get a good grip on them.

John,

    Head down to your local tool outlet and get an impact socket.  The
impact sockets tend to have a closer grip than standard six point
sockets.  Don't go for the cheap stuff - the tolerances are awful, and
you'll be right where you started.  Spend an extra few bucks for a good
brand name tool.  The time and frustration you save will pay you back
many times over.

Matt Kulka
'74 B
'89 Set of Snap-ons, getting smaller as the kids get bigger.