Re: Paint options-was: Spridgets: what years extra $$

To: Matt Liggett <mliggett@bluemarble.net>
Subject: Re: Paint options-was: Spridgets: what years extra $$
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 18:07:38 -0700
Matt Liggett wrote:

> Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net> writes:
> > BRG! All lbc's will perform better if painted BRG, it's a known
> > fact.  You'll even save money by having to do less maintenance.;o)
>
> No.  By the millenium, 90% of all LBCs will be BRG or red.  I want to
> avoid those.  I think.  Green does look verrrrry nice.  My best friend
> recommends green/yellow a la Team Lotus livery.
>
> > Second choice yellow.
>
> I like bright yellow, sort of.  A yellow car got me into lots of
> trouble when I was younger because of its visibility.  Drag racing a
> BROWN car, guess who gets pulled over.  Grrr...  Not that I drag race
> on the streets anymore or anything.
>
> > A red sports car has become cliche',
>
> Agree.
>
> > white is to hide body work,
>
> I never new.  White spridgets look horrible, anyway.
>
> > black only if you're a male under 20 (age or bad ass attitude).
>
> Hmm.. I'm 24, so close.  Black is a BEAR to take care of.  My SAAB is
> black and I hate it.  But, I wouldn't mind fussing over a black
> spridget because it's alot smaller and . . . well, I fuss over it
> anyway!
>
> I've alse heard of a colour called ... Black Violet?  Supposedly a BMC
> colour.  Does anyone know this colour and/or have an image of it on
> the web?  I have a pretty good monitor calibrated to 6500K, so the
> colours should look pretty accurate.
>
> Cheers!
>
> --
> Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com> | Bloomington, IN, USA | '60 Mini
> <URL:http://pobox.com/~mliggett/> |    '89 SAAB 900t SPG | '70 MG Midget

Matt,

Make that Black "Tulip" and you've got it.  A very rare, but very real
MGB color.  Clausager's book, "Original MGB" has a very nice picture of
one, but I suspect it doesn't do it justice.

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/