A few questions...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A few questions...
From: Kerry Fuchs <krfuchs@cabler.cableregina.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 23:54:01 -0600 (MDT)
Greetings!

        I purchased my 73'b about six weeks ago, I'm having a tremendous
amount of fun with it but I have a few concerns. My car is burning oil
slightly,this seems to happen when I am driving and the motor is up in rpms
(it will briefly puff at about 2500 to 4000 rpm).I ran a compression test,
all 4 cylinders read 120lbs across the board, the plugs aren't fouled (light
tan in colour),oil pressure at about 75 lbs at initial start, at idle about
25-30 lbs. Is this a problem with the valve train or is it the rings on the
pistons? Do I just need to pull the head and do a valve job, or do I need to
pull the motor apart and rebuild it? How can I tell?? Also can somebody tell
me why my dampers keep coming loose on my carbs? I'll tighten them and drive
for approx. 15 min.and they will be loosened right off and just sitting
there (usually just one, but it happens to both carbs)

Any light anybody can shed on these matters will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanx
Kerry