Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #8 Wed Jun 18 17:23:16 MDT 1997

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #8 Wed Jun 18 17:23:16 MDT 1997
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 02:59:12 +0000
> I have also heard about some people using an intake manifold that
> allows you to use a Holley or Carter carburator.  Since I have only
> heard these rumours through the grapevine (from my brother's uncle's
> cousin's social worker :) ) I am curious if anyone has any info.
>
> Thanks and Safety Fast,
> Dan Rollins

Dan,
        The only Holley carbs I've seen are on the V-8 versions. I can't
think of which holley would be suitable for a 2-litre 'B, since
I don't know what the CFM specs are for the "typical" MGB carbs, but
I would think that even a 450 CFM Holley would be overkill.  Go with
one of the readily-available, tried-and-true carb setups, and you'll
probably be happier.  If you're going for airflow, I can't picture
ever needing more than a pair of Weber 45 or 48 DCOEs would provide.

Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner