Pink (and other) colors

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pink (and other) colors
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 03:21:24 +0000
> On the subject of pink cars,  I was driving my Spit**re a few years back
> and passed this Pors**e 914 that was painted "Mary K Pink."  I waved to the
> driver but he looked embarrased to be seen in the car.  Maybe his wife won
> it but there is one case where I would spring for a paint job even though
> it isn't needed.

Maybe there's a rarely-ordered "Porsche Pink" we've just never heard
of!  ;)  An "exotic dancer" at a club in Arlington, Texas had (has)?
a Porsche 928 painted in approximately "Mary Kay" Pink with a
licence plate that said "Tips".
        Just for fun, who do you think has the best factory paint
colours/quality?  I think Porsche has the best black (Diamond black?)
and the second best red (Guards Red).  Ferrari would get my nod for
the best yellow, followed by Lotus for the new Pearl Yellow.
Ferrari, of course, has the best red.  Lexus has my vote for their
pearlescent off-white they used for the first couple years, but I
don't rightly know what color to call it for comparison purposes.
        Early Miatas had a good blue.  I think it was French racing blue,
but I honestly haven't seen it on any other cars, French or
otherwise.  I take that back.  I saw it once on a TR7, but don't know
if it was factory or not.
Scott

Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com