Removing bondo

To: Aron Travis <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Removing bondo
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 13:26:30 -0400
Hi there,
Try paint stripper.
I had picked up this antique cast iron french fry maker (put a spud in,
pull down on the handle and out comes french fries, nice and thick as
well!)  Well, anyway I spent hours on perfecting a bondo job to cover up =
weld mark.  I then sprayed on paint stripper.  Can you imagine my horror =
as
the beautifully sanded bondo turned to slime and dripped off.
A word to the wise - paint strippers (the ones that work) are very nasty
chemicals.  A pal of mine suffered from "chemical pneumonia" after
stripping a MBG in his garage, so be careful.

Adrian