OOps and an update

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: OOps and an update
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 97 08:36:14 -0400
Sorry about the outdated mail bomb last PM, I hadn't checked my office
mail from home until last night and had a bunch of mail in the queue that
I hadn't sent last weekend.

The 78 Midget is rarin' to go. The suspension rebuild - finished, the
brakes - finished, the safety inspection - finished; with a sticker! The
new DGV - installed, purrs nicely, but I can't quite get that idle
hesitation tuned out - nearly gone. I'm takin it up the street to get an
emmissions check today. If it passes YAHOO. If not I qualify for a PA
waiver. I spent more than a reasonable amount of money to try to get it
to comply and if it doesn't the PA legislature says I have done enough.
Don't know if I have to spend money again next year or not to get another
of if it goes to a classic plate.

I took the car to a place in mid-eastern PA called Ragtops and Roadsters,
Perkasie, PA. They did good work and I am completely satisfied. They took
the old Z-S apart and did what they could but it was too far gone. Rick
was always friendly and informative as to what was still needed. He gave
me an initial guestimate of the cost after spending a day with the car
and after two and a half weeks (waiting on parts, but I've NEVER had to
do that ;-)  ) nearly hit the initial guestimate. Personaly, I would
recommend their service to any one in this area. I say that because I
think I saw a bad recomendation on one of the MG web sites.

Now to finish the carpets and give her a polish. Good thing it's done, I
need to put some miles on it before July 19 when we are headed for
Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Then to Charlotte for the IRL
race on the 26th, and back up to Willamsburg for a few days before coming
home.

Oh well gone on long enough

Larry Macy
78 Midget