Re: Idle oil pressure suddenly drops to 15 psi

To: BDurgin1@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Idle oil pressure suddenly drops to 15 psi
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 18:43:26 +0800
I'm not sure where you live, but it may be due to the onset of warm weather.
You should be running 20W-50 oil, such as Castrol GTX, unless the temperature
is still at the freezing level in your neighborhood. I use10W-40 GTX during
what passes for the cold season in the Seattle area of the USA. Once night time
temperatures barely drop below 50F and daytime temps rise above 60F, I notice
a definite drop in oil pressure on my 18V (1979) engine. Time for the Spring
oil change to 20W-50 GTX.

Regards,
Jerry Causey
1967 MGB GT