Re: Distributor question

To: JWidell625@aol.com
Subject: Re: Distributor question
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 08:36:19 -0400
JWidell625@aol.com wrote:

> I recently added a Pertronix ignition to my 77 B, replacing the failed
> Allison(crane). I purchased the Pertronix from Shadetree Motors(Skip Kelsey)
> in CA ,who gave me excellent tech advice and overall service.
>
> My question:  What is a "eurospec" distributor, and can I convert by 45de4 to
> give the same performance?  I have a vague knowledge of advances but am
> unclear on the technical specifics. Also, will a "eurospec" distributor take
> an electronic ignition system, and will it give the same performance? I'm
> sold on the electronic systems, but being pragmatic, carry a separate dist.
> with points as a spare in the trunk of Margaret (after Thatcher, of course),
> my 77 B.
> Joel Widell, Marathon, FL.

Joel-

I have a 77B with a eurospec distributor, fitted with a Crane EI
system.  If your pertronix will fit in your existing dizzy, it will fit
in the eurospec.  The distributor is physically identical to the 45D4
dizzy.  Differences are in the advance curve of the distributor.  U.S.
spec dizzy's were curved to meet emissions regs, not for max
performance.  I understand that a U.S. spec dizzy can be recurved for
mor performance, but you would need to find someone who new the B motor,
and what curve works best.

With a eurospec dizzy, you can expect better all around performance.

Regards,

Chris Delling