Re: auto choke question

To: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: auto choke question
From: "Lishego, Michael" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 09:58:22 EST
Date sent:      Tue, 01 Jul 1997 07:01:18 -0400
From:           Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Send reply to:  schooler@erols.com
To:             "Lishego, Michael" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Copies to:      mgs@autox.team.net

Lishego, Michael wrote:

> Hello to all fellow listers.  My '74 is about to undergo the drastic
> change from SU powered to Weber carbs this weekend.  The weber carb
> that I bought is an electric choke model.  There is a wire that exits
> from the choke on the carb, and runs to some place on the block.
> Where does this wire lead to?  Anyone with a similar carb who can
> tell me, I would really appreciate the info.  Along these lines, does
> the brake booster from later cars clear a weber?
> Thanks in advance ~ Mike

Mike,

I thought I told you what to do with that wire!  Simply connect it to a
fuse box terminal that is "switched", i.e., has power only when the
ignition switch is in the on position.

--
*Bill Schooler

Ooops...Now, after I've heard all of this, I remember a little more
clearly.  For some unkonow reason, I thought the wire went to the
block.  Yep, this jogged my memory, and I'll be sure to write this
down...I didn't before!  What a shame, my mind isn't what it used to
be, and I'm not even that old!!!
                                        ~Mike