Re: FW: 2022

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: FW: 2022
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 14:08:57 -0500
Comments in below...

At 10:43 AM 7/1/97 -0400, W. R. Gibbons wrote:
>On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Jay Quinn wrote:
>
>> Some of his friends that come over think that the
>> Sprite is real cool.  I keep their interest peeked
>> by telling them I'll let them drive it once it back
>> in one piece (Once OK by Parents, with me in the car).
>>
>> That always starts them dreaming.  Then I'll ask them to
>> hand me a tool and they have no clue as to what a 10mm
>> box end hand wrench is, so I do a little explaining.
>
>> Jay Quinn - Systems Engineer
>> jpquinn@cyberramp.net
>> http://www.cyberramp.net/~jpquinn/index.htm
>> '62 Healey Sprite MKII HAN6L2874
>
>Well, not to bust your chops, but I think you are misreading the kid's
>reactions when you ask them for the 10 mm wrench.  They may know perfectly
>well what a 10 mm box end wrench is, but they are probably giving you a
>blank stare because there are no 10 mm nuts to turn on a 62 Sprite.  Give
>them a little credit.
>
>WRG
>
>   W. R. Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
>                  Univ. of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
>                  gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8629

Well, not to bust your chops, but not all the car is a 62 Sprite.

Engine, tranny, drive shaft, front disk brakes, radiator are from a 72
midget.  (Tranny now being replaced by 69 sprite.)

Several other misc. parts for fuel pumps, air horn and other assorted
goodies that aren't stock from either year model of 62 AH or 72 MGM are
also there.

I found this out by removing quite a bit of stuff and ended up with just
about every tool out of the box, including a 10 mm Wrench.

I'm finding that other PO's have ahd it in many pieces during a major
repair or merge of donar car process's.  I think they wanted new bolts, and
bought some that fit perfect but had different bolt head sizes.  Just a
speculation.

--
Jay Quinn       Systems Engineer
jpquinn@cyberramp.net   Pager: 972.319.7611