new subscriber

Subject: new subscriber
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 16:02:11 -0700
This is an introductory message, I went convertible shopping, and after
driving a bunch of Alfa Spiders, I ended up with a '75 MGB with 55,000
miles. Unfortunately, since I got it (yesterday) it's been raining cats
and dogs in Portland OR (what a shock), so I haven't been able to drive
it with the top down.

I've owned a bunch of cars in my days (I think the MGB is number 18 or
something in 17 years of driving).  But this is my first LBC

Currently, my stable includes:
1988 Merkur Scorpio (daily driver)
1986 Shelby GLHS (#311 or 500)
1975 MGB
1995 Chevy Suburban (wife's car)

A few questions:
-Am I going to hurt anything by folding the top down without unsnapping
the back of it? It won't look nice down, but until we get a stretch of
nice weather, I need to be able to put the top up relatively quickly.

Anything I should watch out for? The car has the original paint and
original upholstery and zero rust.

Any special convertible top hints? Do I just wash the top with my normal
car wash soap and sponge?

I guess I'll have more questions later...
--
John Steczkowski
PSW Technologies, Inc.