Wheel swap

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wheel swap
From: Wally Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 1997 02:07:49 -0700
I am in the process of DIY restoration of my '71 MGB roadster,
equipped with rostyle wheels.  They are in sad shape (to be generous).
I have another '71 as an organ donor, complete with wire wheels.  Before
I dig in and start a project I will probably end up dreading, I'd like
to know what I am in for in swapping the wires to the other car.  What
needs to be removed, front and rear to accomplish all this?  My original
plans were to just blast and paint the rostyles, but 20 year old son
says "let's use the wire wheels"!  Why does all this ambition come with
being young and where the hell does it go when you're 49?  Actually I
like the wires but if it involves bucks to swap them, that is more of a
consideration than the effort involved.

Wally / Templeton, MA

with his first restoration project (at least he got the new floor pans
in, but is not looking forward to the wiring harness swap).